top of page


When and where is the contest happening?

In February 2017, the EBU announced that the fifteenth annual Junior Eurovision Song Contest will be hosted by Georgia. The contest will take place at the Tbilisi Sports Palace in Georgia's capital city, Tbilisi. This is the first time that Georgia will host any Eurovision event, even though they have won Junior Eurovision 3 times!

Tbilisi Sports Palace, Georgia

What's the theme for this year contest?

On 12th May 2017, Georgia Public Broadcasting (GBP), the host broadcaster, and the EBU announced the slogan for this years contest will be "Shine Bright".

Who's in and who's out?

As of 24th May 2017, a total of 9 countries have confirmed their participation:

  1. Belarus

  2. Bulgaria

  3. Cyprus

  4. Georgia

  5. Ireland

  6. Malta

  7. Netherlands

  8. Russia

  9. Ukraine

The following countries took part in the 2016 contest, but have yet to confirm their participation:

  1. Albania

  2. Armenia

  3. Australia

  4. Italy

  5. FYR Macedonia

  6. Poland

  7. Serbia

The Swedish broadcaster Sveriges Television (SVT) have confirmed that for a third year running, Sweden will not be returning to Junior Eurovision.

The Croatian National broadcaster Hrvatska Radiotelevizija (HRT) has announced that they are looking to return to the contest this year, although nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

With Israel's state broadcaster Israel Broadcasting Authority (IBA) shutting down on 9th May 2017, it is unsure whether of not Israel will have another broadcaster ready in time to participate in Junior Eurovision.

Are there any changes to the rules?

In previous years, the rules stated that up to 25% of each song could be performed in English while the other 75% had to be in the national language. The rules now state that up to 40% of each song can be performed in English.

In addition to this rule, six vocals are now allowed to be recorded onto the backing track of each song, whereas previously, only five vocals were allowed.

Don't forget to follow us on Instagram and Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to us on YouTube for all the latest news!

#junioreurovision #jesc #georgia #tbilisi

Recent Posts
bottom of page